So I'm back at my main work gig after the taking the first trimester off. Not that I was sitting around the house rubbing my belly during those 4 months, I was still teaching part time, but I wasn't on the road like I usually am. But now it's all back on: very early wake-ups, sleep deprivation, checking in and out go hotel rooms, schlepping my suitcase around, smiling sweetly at passengers. To be honest, the actual job part has been the easiest-I've had no problems smiling sweetly-it's the being away from my own bed that has been the hardest. I like being home right now, I like feeling safe.
I just spent 4 days lounging around an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. The weather was lovely, my room comfortable and the food delicious. But I missed my mammals Stef(hubbie) and Jack(dog). I'm glad to be back in rainy Vancouver where I have to cook my own food and make my own bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment