I’m full term, I’m full term! When I think back to all those blood tests and medication and doctor’s appointments and ultrasounds, I can’t believe that we’re almost at our goal. A little baby. Delicate, human, tiny, in need of all the love we can provide. And the cool thing is the fact that he/she will look like myself and Stef! It’s very strange, when one stops and thinks about it. Almost science fiction, this mixing of DNA, this new creature that will emerge from my body. And then what? We’ve got +18 of parenting!
Sleeping is becoming more difficult. For example, right now it’s 2.38 am and I’m wide awake because I just am. Sometimes the baby wakes me up with a big kick, sometimes my stomach with a big gurgle. A lot of the pregnancy info I’ve read claims that by the end, you won’t feel the baby moving much, but I feel it all the time. Big dramatic movements which completely alter the shape of my belly. Often a heel or foot, not sure what body part, is sticking out the side, giving my stomach a lopsided look! All so bizarre. And of course wonderful. I’m feeling very lucky at the moment that I after all our struggles I was given the chance to have this amazing thing happen to me. To us.
No comments:
Post a Comment