Monday, November 23, 2009

Life continues, just not in me. My little guys decided to not stick around, even though I did promise them chocolate cupcakes for their first birthday. So I'm trying to focus on all the things I don't have to worry about at the moment, like constipation from pre-natal vitamins or remembering to take my hormones, morning afternoon and night. It's also quite nice to not be a miserable bag of hormones and worry whether I might break into tears in the middle of doing my groceries.

I kind of knew that they didn't take. At the start of the transfer I was super excited and was gleeful that this was my time, but after 10 days, I just of kind of knew. No baby dreams, no sore boobs, no nausea, nowt. So it wasn't a total shock when Nurse Maureen called. And even before she even mentioned the test results her tone of voice gave it away. She must have to practice that tone of voice. "Poor nurse", I thought after I hung the phone. Every time she goes to work she has to break people's hearts.

And now back to my regular routine. Off to the gym I go, pumped up a cup of caffeinated coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment