It's been a long time since my last post, almost a year in fact. To be honest, I forgot I had this blog. A lot hasn't changed in my life, but overall it's been a pretty good year. I've floated down the canal du Midi in southern France, driven around the Spanish Pyrenees, been introduced to the amazing Oaxacan coast, revisited Athens and discovered Madrid. My life has not been dull.
And between all those adventures, I have squeezed in two IVF attempts, one which is currently in progress. The last one, back in May, was a total disaster and was cancelled before they could even knock me up with my frozen embryos (aka 'snowbabies' according to some women in IVF chat rooms) . The doctors decided that I should reduce some of the medications that I was taking for my last two IVF cycles. That was a bad decision. I ovulated when I shouldn't have.
So now I'm on my 4th and final IVF session. I will not do it again. I cannot put my life on hold any longer. Money is not the issue, it is about the mental hold that this process has over me. I start this session with few expectations, but happy in the knowledge that whatever the outcome, it'll be my last.
No comments:
Post a Comment